|Home FRA Organization Publications Conference Membership|
|Projects Children's Book Award Contests Awards & Grants|
Nominate the next Vice President of the FRANominee Selection Criteria:
1. The candidate must be a member of IRA, FRA, and a local council. List other reading groups, educational groups, or professional organizations.
2. The candidate should be actively interested in reading and express such interest through participation in various activities such as attendance and/or presentations at IRA conferences or other reading symposia, participation on committees, chairmanship of committee(s), or special events work so as to be well known as an activist promoting reading awareness.
3. The candidate should list any publications he or she has authored.
4. The candidate should have proven experience in working with a Board of Directors in local, state, or national affiliates.
5. The candidate should be in a situation which affords him/her the opportunity to be present at all Board meetings of FRA.
6. The candidate who has been defeated for Vice President may not be nominated again for the same office until a lapse of three intervening years.
How to Recommend Candidates:
1. Submit nominations in writing using the Nomination Form. Each nomination must have the consent of the nominee and must have a vita submitted to the Past President of the FRA (email@example.com).
2. Send nomination forms to the immediate Past President of FRA, who is Chair of the Nominating Committee prior to August 1.
Vice President Nomination Form
a member of the
Benefits of FRA membership include:
Manuscripts for the
Follow us on Facebook to keep up and discover more about the Florida Reading Association
Follow our Twitter feed
Conference Registration Information Coming Soon
Children's Book Award Winners for 2012-2013
Gingerbread Man Loose in the School
of a Goldfish
FRA Newsletter 2013 V32 N4 Winter
Reading Teacher of the Year
Elementary - Cynthia Griggers, Hickory Tree Elementary School. Osceola
Middle- Rowena "Dood" Wood-Griffin, Addie R. Lewis School, Okaloosa
High- Carol S. Strachan, Riverview High School, Hillsborough
Reading Leader of the Year
Elementary - Sheila Lightbourne, Shalimar Elementary School, Okaloosa
Middle - Sue Sparkman, Pacetti BayMiddle School, St. Johns County
High- Robert J. McCue Jr., South Lake High School, Lake County
Joye Coy Shaffer Past President's Scholarship
Laura Steere, McIntosh Middle School, Sarasota County